Saturday, July 4, 2009

Free shaping is so much fun! No aggrevation trying to teach something and him not getting it. I click for whatever behavior he does that I want without any agenda for where we're going. I did a little with Tom and the laundry basket while the Verizon guy was repairing our phone in the basement. It gave something for Tom to do rather than focus on "I think I heard someone come on property but I can't see him or hear them much." Quite a bit of pawing responses. Tom has also got into the habit of pawing my leg. I clicked it a couple times when teaching a shoe target. Big mistake. Don't reward things you don't want to see again. Then I switched to teaching a head shake. I'm thinking I'll go with miniscule hand motions as my cue. Perhaps hidden by my leg so Tom can see them but whomever I'm showing can't.

Realizing I need to improve Tom's off command. He doesn't appreciate it when he gets comfy. So probably start with him sitting, "off" before moving on to when he's lying down.

The dogs were out while Niko was out and they chased him. I did predict that. So dogs in, cat out and vice versa even though it is a pain in the butt. Thankfully the dogs can go in the backyard with Niko out.

No comments:

Post a Comment