I'm really enjoying watching Kikopup's channel on youtube. Here's one about teaching pivots, rally finishes, and fronts as well as a foundation for lots of freestyle moves. Pretty cool.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xsvNvK8T1z8&feature=channel
Working on limp with Tom.
Here's where I've gone.
1. Tied his leg up with a scarf, clicked hopping steps.
2. Free shaped any right leg movement. That was going kind of slow.
3. Got some inspirtation from online and trained it standing in front of him, with a low high five shaping.
4. Working on fading my hand completely. Slow going. If I don't click one or two he quits. I think limp is quite difficult. Working on short sessions. Perhaps some known commands as tertiary (?)rewards. Might try that next.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






Limp also takes a new degree of muscles and coordination and balance for the dog. Remember they are now doing on 3 legs what they usually do on 4. For most dogs that really feels wrong and even frightening. So maybe it will just be slow going for a while until he learns to balance differently and use different muscles.
ReplyDeleteThanks for the reminder. I'll keep that in mind. He hasn't seemed too freaked out of it but it's not as much fun for him as tricks like "high-five" or piano playing.
ReplyDelete