There's a Rally Trial the weekend of May 15th and 16th at Gemini Dogs. I think I'll see if I can go. APDT registration will only be $10 for a junior handler fee. I'm not quite sure if I'm ready. Tom does really well at the rally and he has a good foundation from everything else. We did well at the Masterpeace fun run. Didn't get a score but didn't mess up anything too much. I'll have to look up some more rally commands that I've been forgetting but we have the basic ones. The hardest part for me is figuring out how the commands go together because there are some funky things like if you enter the weaves at a certain angle you don't go around the first cone. I think I'd do better if I had someone to walk through it with me. I think it's worth a try to give it a try see how far I am from qualifying and how much fun it is to compete in rally. One thing I don't quite get is how perfect you have to be because in training it seems like sometimes wide sits won't get points taken off but not always. If I go for it I'll probably go to a few rally drop in classes at Canine Mastery or maybe even Your Courteous Canine.
Oh just realized obedience trials are so much more expensive than agility. Grrr.
(Coppinger post coming later hopefully)
Tuesday, March 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment