So what do I use as a reward for writing a paper on fear aggression? Training dogs. I think I'm a bit obsessed. Shhhh.
I took out some jumps for Opal and worked on getting her to take jumps at angles. The last time I tried to get her to do a box she wasn't willing to go out far enough to take the jumps around the corner. I want to work up to that. Opal didn't mind jumping the big jumps, she still doesn't have much distance. Need to work on that too. I made the session go too long and she was disengaging by the end. She also wasn't coming which wasn't good. She used to have such an excellent come. After I worked with Tom I took her back out and worked on "Come". Started out with her by my side. Said "Opal, Come" while running away from her, C/T. Did that a few times then started dropping the treats so she'd catch up while I was running. Then set it up so that I'd be stopped when she looked up and rewarded with a combination of treats and running when she got to me then treats. She came much faster after I clicked. Then I did two more sets of two jumps and called it a night.
Sunday, May 2, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






You should talk!
ReplyDeleteMe obsessed? No, it's not like 1/4 of the books I read are about dogs or train my pups at least every other day or spend money on training classes or go to agility trials just to watch or take a college class on dogs or get distracted in class when dogs walk by...
I don't know what you're talking about. :D