Tom stayed in the car. Again he pooped halfway through the first course. Ack! Next time he gets more of an opportunity outside.
Putting him in the car is definitely helpful. When I put him in he looks at me like "no I'm not ready yet".
I upped the rate of reinforcement and clicked for looking at me when he ran off a bit. He was much happier. From reading and the seminar I finally have a more solid idea of training which works better for me than Katrin prompting, treat your dog, treat your dog, treat your dog. I actually get the why better. And I learned to keep my hand up for the weaves from enough Opal trials where she messes up if I don't.
On the fifth course run through (or the fourth?) I had a start line stay. He has a faster start without one.
Pretty good weaves considering I've mostly done foundation stuff.
Last night I started the next stage of cellphone retrieval. I stuck it in my purse and then had to lower criteria to poking his head into it. He wants to pick up the purse instead of the cellphone. No clicks. I'll have to extinguish that more fully. I was thinking I'd do the "get up and leave" for fifteen seconds if he mouths it all. Should I wait until I have the behavior on cue or do it when he gets the full fetch cellphone behavior? I wouldn't want to train him to never pick up the purse in case I want that behavior later.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment