Last night was the first Putting it Together session. It was basically a chances course.
New dogs and rain are not the best combination for Tom. He pooped inside since he wouldn't out even though I gave him 2 chances. Then he was all sniffy and went back into the car.
Second run was a little better. Still some sniffing and going off but he did go through the course. He wanted to take the dog walk and did so twice. Not too much speed but he did work for me.
Julie gave me the Crate Games DVD. I watched the first fifteen minutes today. I guess I'll have to use Opie's crate and maybe use the bed from Tom's so it doesn't smell like her. I like my soft crate and don't really want to buy another one just for this.
I didn't quite recognize Monty and was a little confused, Cardi corgi with Julie that is not Bug, huh? Even though they do have different coloring. Eeeks. I guess I really don't pay too much attention to other people's dogs especially when I'm focusing on my own.
Julie was the only person who showed up for the 7:30. Mother and I stayed around to help put away equipment. Opal got to practice the dogwalk and did fabulously!!!! Yay, Opal. She went over it several times, it was quite impressive.
Then I brought in Tom. (the rain had stopped) I went through some of the walking on and off leash stuff and he did well then some equipment. I didn't really have a plan but it went really well. He seemed much less stressed. Opal was the only dog and he knew the people. That was encouraging, especially before Saturday.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment