Sunday, October 25, 2009

Buckley

I'm back from Indianapolis. The National FFA Convention does not compare in any way to Clicker Expo. But then I didn't really expect it to.

Last night my family with Julia, Liza's friend, went over to Cindy and Rick's for dinner and I got to play more with Buckley. Big Smiles.

I worked some on "go in the Sherpa crate" and enlisted Liza and Julia as distractions. He did great at staying in the crate with them dancing around, making funny noises, moving their faces toward the end of the crate. He only broke once when Liza put her face in front of the crate and he wanted to come out and give kisses, then we worked back up to that.

I continued working on roll over. Come to think of it, I've never actually taught that before. I've tried with Tom but he didn't like being on his back much. Might go back to it since he seems to mind less now. Julia was interested in training and I showed her how to use the clicker and she worked with him on roll over. She has good timing.

Also started a little 101 things to do with a box.

Buckley is such a cute dog and fun to work with! (short sessions are a must though)

1 comment:

  1. Buckley sounds like a fun dog! Can't wait to meet him and his mum in class on tue. Thanks for the referral!

    ReplyDelete