Tom has taken to the piano playing trick. Unlike other tricks that I have to break into small steps to shape he’s jumping ahead to the next steps without much difficulty. Last session we had the criterion of two pressings of a key with alternating paws and now he’s playing jazz! This last session he was “playing” with five notes per treat and some chords thrown in, crossing paws, too. This is advanced playing! I didn’t learn this until my second year of piano, not the fourth lesson!
I am inclined to think that he likes making the music and creating the sound is reinforcing in itself. Maybe dogs have a creative nature that they like to develop, too. I wonder if there’s research out there about dogs creating music or other creatures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






When I get a video camera!
ReplyDelete(Or if I magically have time today I might see if Lizard (aka sister of mine) would consider taping it on Mama's camera) I don't have high hopes for that, though.