Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Lassie Tomorrow

Tomorrow I make my Lassie presentation. Yay!

I've decided to break it up as trick, I speak for a bit, trick, I speak, etc. Hopefully this will work even if Tom is sniffy and unfocused. The difficult part is that I need to ignore him when I'm speaking because I'm doing it off the top of my head and it's quite hard to remember it all and respond to him.

Tricks: beg (during intro), crawl then lie on side, down lie on side, limp, target, high-five.

I really like that Rudd Weatherwax who trained Lassie used positive training. It makes sense since he had to train the dogs to do hundreds of tricks in a few years. It's also cool how all of the behaviors are real. They used very few stunt doubles or stunt photography.

I was thinking I'd try putting him in one of the outdoor kennels until I realized, "oh wait, those are right next to the sheep." Yeah, don't think that'd work so I'll stick him inside.

No comments:

Post a Comment