Sunday, April 4, 2010

Remodeling Ghetto Agility Equipment and a Happy Greyhound

So I cut down (rather Michael cut down) two of my Affordable Agility fixed height jumps from 24" and now have the capability for three jumps of either 10", 12", 14", 16" or 20". Yay. Plus a tire and a tunnel and a few other jumps if I can round up milk crates and buckets. Potentially a dog walk and pause table could be added to the menangerie.

I set up a row of tire, 14" jump, 16" jump, 20" jump and Opal had fun! The tire game from yesterday worked quite well. In today's session every time we went by it she offered to go through even if I didn't ask. Next time I move it off the ground. She did quite well with "go". If she missed a jump it was usually the third one, the 16", which is also the only one I don't have tape on. Hmm.

To work on next time: Box skills. Opal doesn't quite get the concept of turning 270 degrees to take another jump and we also need to work on waits.

No comments:

Post a Comment