I ressurrected by tire jump and it's basically an oval at this point and needs some TLC. Thinking about getting some jumps from Affordable Agility... still love my tunnel from there. I put a 90 degree curve into it today which it was happy to oblige. It doesn't really do an 'S' shape being only 9 feet but I'm okay with that. I did set up a pretty little course around the well cover. Tunnel, tire, jump. And then an out.
New plan on the No Stinking Leashes game. The last two times I did it Tom ran off on me. So one solution I came up with was to let him outside for five minutes before so he could have some time in the environment.
Two new ideas. One, go a few sessions without running with him off-leash. At the point where I'd normally take him off, take off leash, rapid click, treat, click, treat. Gradually making him take a few steps. So basically keeping him engaged 100% whenever off-leash. Before I'd run off a little and he wouldn't be with me. Also, try the Premack Principle. 1 minute or ten to fifteen treats ON or working, 1 minute off. Okay I'm going to go try that and see what happens. If I'm to get anywhere with agility I need to master this off-leash stuff. Wish I could take a Control Unleashed class somewhere! Maybe Sundays during the summer, but I doubt it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment