Grrrr. Very annoyed at Tom. I've noticed that he starts marking after being taken offleash sometime during when I'm working with him. He also ran off and was a brat to get back. I got close to him and lay on my stomach and he ambled over. I didn't feel like going through all the brush to get him. Then I returned to trianing and he spotted some girls on bicycles riding down the street and took off the invisible fence line after them. I went after him and he would let me get close then run off. I did get him to sit but when I got close he ran off again, obviously playing. I quit playing and got Opal out of the house and started training her while he was in the yard. He wasn't interested that she got the treats but I put in a nice session with her and then used her to pretend I really wasn't trying to get close to him. Walking toward him in an arc and calling her and having her do some tricks. Then I got close enough and got him to sit, treat, and brought him in the house. Opal did well. She will take the help if it's given of following a treat into the poles but if I wait long enough she'll do it by herself without the help. Same with the tunnel, really. She still needs to work on entering when I'm on the opposite side of the entrance because she'll often go right by them to follow me.
When he was actually working with me, Tom did decently. He still pauses and won't pay attention some of the time but he likes the poles. I started throwing the toy when he was in the weaves to see if he'd go faster. It works better if I throw it when he's on the last one. I'm not sure I want to use this because I don't want him popping out when the cages aren't there.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment