I stuck Tom in the living room with a baby gate and a blockade of chairs. Niko had access to the whole house. Tom got fed intermittently. I started in the room with him by my side, me reading on the couch and fed him after I read a page. Then moved out and fed him about every 30 seconds. And stretched out the intervals while I cut up potatoes and fried them. If Niko was doing something I'd go over and treat for looking at me and breaking his attention from Niko. Tom had to deal with being around Niko and got fed for it, basically. Niko was quite courageous and spent a lot of the time on the loveseat very close to the baby gate. He also came down and sat along the wall a foot or two from where the baby gate started and growled at Tom when Tom moved over that way. Tom did back off from the growling after a little antsy watching Niko. I treated him for that. I saw the aftereffects of Niko running away from Tom when I think Tom rushed at the gate. Then Niko came right back. It went pretty well. Tom did lie down. He wasn't quite settled and was aware of Niko but he wasn't barking, lunging, growling. There was some staring.
This didn't quite feel like classical conditioning. Might have partially switched over to operant. I had a marrow bone in the room but it wasn't defrosted enough to be interesting.
Monday, June 1, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment