Tom did really really well. He travelled from the mudroom to within two feet of Niko. I took a step after three treats were fed with no staring whatsoever. Niko wasn't that comfortable with Tom so near but he did eat treats after a bit. Tom didn't seem to care about Niko. I had him lie down at that close proximity.
Opal was not as good. She reacted with jumping up from a down and rushing at Niko a little. Mother thinks Opal needs a claw in the nose. Possibly. So I got her up within two feet and she was fine. I had her in a down. Don't think Niko did anything but she realized he was there. I held her back for a second or two in the hopes she'd calm down there then brought her back to the door to my room (8 ft perhaps or more) and treated from there, only progressing two steps past there. When we put both animals away and let Opie out later she rushed to the couch to sniff and lunged at the cat shaped stuffed animal Mother had out. Uh, not good.
I also did some trick work with Tom. His backwards weaves isn't as good as I would like it. Cat told me that if I have a weave with only food luring and not food and leash luring that could easily be enough to get first in the Aggie Best Trick. His backwards weave is better. I did a session with him on cell phone. I fed less interesting treats for waiting to pick up the phone and it seemed to help.
Saturday, May 16, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment