Opal was more interested this time. I only got her to the threshold of the kitchen (not her threshold). She knew there was a cat. When she is in the constantly eating phase and if I start feeding her before Niko appears she hardly pays any attention but if she sees him she's more interested. Then if I continuously feed she cares less and is much easier to move further than Tom.
I got Tom to about halfway down the length of the pantry. He was alert and first but was able to control himself.
I mainly get two responses from the dogs when I pause for a second to grab another handful of chicken. 1. looking intently at cat and I need to stick my chicken in front of their nose to get them to start eating again. 2. I'll count this as one response. Either a quick glance at the cat and then they seem to remember and come back to look for more chicken or their eyes never leave my fingers. After several times of the second response I take a step forward.
Mother thinks I'm going very conservatively. I really don't want to rush this at all.
Opal got the chicken bones when we left the kitchen for a moment yesterday. Ayiyi. Cooked chicken bones, eeks! Emergency internet search and call to the emergency vet for advice and our vet today. She's under observation, and so far so good.
Monday, May 11, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment