Dog show is in 9 days. EEEEEKS!
I went to the Kennel Club Meeting. Danielle reiterated the offer for me to bring Opie to a lure ocursing trial. I liked the feel of her. She seems to be genuinely dogcentric and very nice, too. There aren't too many anywhere in the area. An Irish Wolfhound one in RI but they only want Irish Wolfhound. What's up with that! RI is so much closer than places in NY and CT.
I think I'll enter into the beginner obedience and just see how it goes. I practiced with Tom today and he did well. Lots of automatic sits. Yeah! Not quite as solid on stands. I did the two stays for the 1 and 3 minute requirements and he held it for that. Hot day, no prominent distractions, but at least he has the time. Now, I think I need to work on intermittent reinforcement. Other way to do it is to assume he'll be good and run it cold like at an agility trial. High rate of reinforcement for practice, nothing in the ring, party outside. It works for agility, not sure it would for obedience.
Worked on trick. Still solidifying the rules. He did well. Liver ups performance. Obviously.
Showmanship was more worrisome. Sitting when I stopped was one major problem. I think I'll stay after for the practice Monday if I'm not asked to work.
Cat Work:
Niko was willing to play with toys, I think he's more toy motivated than food motivated. He also ate a little chicken. But he didn't want to leave into the other room and be picked up. So Mother held up a blanket between the animals for the removal periods.
I got Opal within four feet of him and had her lie down so she'd be less threatening. She didn't care much about Niko at all.
I got to just before the entry into the kitchen with Tom.
Tuesday, May 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






No comments:
Post a Comment